Horizon CRF-362 Paper Creaser and Folder
Paper Creasing and Folding in One Pass
Horizon has created an extremely productive paper creaser and folder. The Horizon CRF-362 Paper Creaser and Folder is an absolute rockstar and is one of our top selling products. Toner cracking on folds will be eliminated with a proper crease done before folding. Almost all creased jobs are folded so it makes perfect sense to do both processes at the same time in one machine.
A color touch screen makes it easy for anyone to walk up and use this device. The operator is guided through the job setup. You just have to enter the sheet dimensions and fold pattern, then the machine will take over and set itself up automatically. Minor adjustments are made with touch screen menus to make it easy for next generation operators to produce quality work.
Creasing printed sheets before you fold them is very important. When there is toner along the fold the paper will crack and make the fold look terrible. It ruins a job to have all of the effort of designing and printing nice artwork only to have it cracked at the end of production. Creasing the toner stops cracking from happening and gives the piece a finished look that is very professional. Take a look below at the image to compare what a fold looks like with and without creasing.
The Horizon CRF-362 Paper Creaser and Folder has been designed to handle the unique requirements of creasing and folding digital color output across a wide range of light and heavyweight stocks, coated or uncoated. Creasing and folding can be done in one pass for easy and accurate processing of a variety of applications such as restaurant menus, greeting cards, book covers, and marketing collateral.
Horizon CRF-362 Paper Creaser and Folder Features and Details:
- Sharp Creasing and Folding - Suitable for creasing covers, restaurant menus, shop card, invitation cards, and laminated sheets. The impact creaser avoids cracking on digitally-printed applications.
- Preparing Perfect Bound Book Covers - High quality creasing helps to prepare high quality perfect bound book covers. Spine, hinge and flap creases can be properly produced by selecting up or down creasing.
- High Quality Folding - Two fold knives are equipped for high quality folding, even on heavy stocks. 6 different folding patterns can be set up simply by using the icon based touch screen.
- Quick and Easy Operation - Quick and easy set-up and operation can be performed through the newly equipped high resolution color touch screen.
- Touch Screen Panel
- Sheet Registration
- Reliable Sheet Feeding
- Quality Creasing
- Wide Variety of Folding
- Dual Delivery
- Parallel Fold
- Accordion Fold
- Short Fold
- Letter Fold
- Double Parallel Fold
- Open Gate Fold
- Open Gate Fold (with creasing line)
- Covers for Perfect Binding (Creasing Patterns):
- One Line (For a Thin Book)
- Two Lines (Spine Only)
- Four Lines (Spine and Hinge)
- Five Lines with Flap Left (Spine, Hinge, and Flap)
- Five Lines with Flap Right (Spine, Hinge, and Flap)
- Six Lines with Double Flap (Spine, Hinge, and Double Flap
Horizon CRF-362 Paper Creaser and Folder Specifications
|Feeding Mechanism||Air Suction Feed Belt|
|Sheet Size||Max. 364 x 865 mm / 14.33" x 34"|
|Min. 105 x 180 mm / 4.14" x 7.09"|
|Sheet Weight Range||Normal Paper|
|Feeder Pile Height||150 mm / 5.90"|
|Creasing Mechanism||One set of positive and negative (0.8 mm / 0.03", standard equipment)|
|Number of Creasing Lines||Max. 10 Creasing Lines|
|Production Speed||5,000 sheets/hr (A4 / one creasing line and fold)|
|Voltage Frequency||Single Phase 200 to 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Machine Dimensions||W2,697 x D701 x H1,430 mm / W106.2" x D27.6" x H56.3"|
|Machine Weight||345 kg / 760.0 lb|
|Creasing Unit (Option)||
Creasing units for different widths of creasing lines are available.