Horizon AFC-566A Folder Computerized Cross Folder
Automated set-ups ensure user-friendly operation and consistent folding.
High performance, space efficient automated cross-knife folding machines - The Horizon AFC-56 series feature advanced automation with user-friendliness and high quality folding.
The AFC-566A includes advanced set-up automation through a user-friendly color touch-screen control panel that displays fold formats and sheet sizes for easy selection. Up to two hundred different job settings can be stored in memory, and automated set-up can be accomplished in as little as 14 seconds. Precise stepper motors drive end stops and fold plates to the exact location for the sheet size and fold style selected, 17 pre-set fold styles are featured. The AFC-566A is equipped with 6 fold plates, which allows for a wide variety of folding in a minimum amount of floor space. The AFC-566A can handle a wide range of papers at speeds up to 40,000 sheets per hour.
- Set-up a wide variety of fold patterns by simply touching the corresponding icon and inputting the sheet size on the large LCD color touchscreen.
- 17 fold patterns are set on the AFC-566A.
- Automated setups take just a few seconds. The LCD touchscreen prompts the operator through all remaining settings for fast, efficient production. All adjustments are user-friendly and require minimal skill or training.
- All roller gap settings can be performed automatically through the LCD touchscreen inserting a single sheet at the caliper.
- Fold rollers are constructed with a combination of steel and soft polyurethane for superior grip and sharp, consistent folding.
- Horizon's advanced rotary suction feed system delivers fast, consistent feeding on a wide range of paper stocks.
- The optional extension table enables to load the sheets up to 1,100 mm / 43.3” long.
- Up to 200 job settings can be memorized for quick and easy recall of regular job.
- The optional pXnet bindery control system makes job scheduling and tracking for the AFC-56 series super efficient, or accept JDF setup data from an upstream workflow.
- Automated Setup
- Color LCD Touchscreen
- High-Speed Feeder
- Automated Setup Fold Patterns
- Automated Setup Sections (12 Sections)
- Superior Folding Quality
- 6 Buckle Plates
- Wireless Remote Controller
- Advanced Double Feed Control
- Signature Setup Based on Fold Marks
- Quick Adjust for Accordion Fold
- Intermittent Conveyor Movement
- Maintenance Reminder Screen
(6 Buckles+Fold Knife+2 Buckles Below Knife)
Sheet Size (WxL)
Max. 558 x 850 mm / 21.965” x 33.460”
Min. 128 x 148 mm / 5.040” x 5.830”
|Sheet Weight Range||35 to 220 gsm|
|Buckle Fold Length||
1st / 2nd / 3rd / 5th Buckle : 30 to 450 mm / 1.2” to 17.7
30 to 230 m (98 to 754 ft) / min.
[Knife Fold : 180 m (590 ft) / min.]
|Voltage Frequency||3-Phase 200 / 220 / 400 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Machine Dimensions||Main Body||
W3,050 x D1,050 x H1,580 mm
W120.1” x D41.4” x H62.3”
|Conveyor||W1,320 x D600 x H1,130 mm / W52.0” x D23.7” x H44.5”|
|Round Pile Feeder Unit RFU-54||The RFU-54 can be attached or detached without removing the standard flat pile feed table, making it quick and easy to interrupt long runs for short-run jobs. An error feed tray is equipped for continuous feeding operation.|
|Gluing Unit CGU-50||The gluing unit can produce 8-page or 12-page glued booklets.|
|Front Perforation Unit||This unit Permits perforating before folding. An accurate blade drum provides for high-precision micro perforation. Optional skip perforation (FSP-56) is available.|
|Strip Trim Device AF-ST5||Strip trimming after the parallel fold section can be performed using slitters for multiple-up jobs. Stripped width can be adjusted (3mm to 10mm at 1mm intervals).|
|Strip & Edge Trim Device CGU-T56F||Cetner strip trim and edge trim are available under the cross knife. Segmented rollers allows flexible adjustment of the cutting positions. (CGU-T56 is available for AFC-566A/564A).|
|Gate Fold Buckle GFB-56||The gate fold buckle can be setup quickly, with no special skill for precise, accurate closed gate folding.|
|Blades||A wide variety of optional blades are available for various applications.|
|Press Stacker PST-40||The first rollers remove the air and the second rollers powerfully compress the signatures for reduced bulk and tighter folds. Signatures can be offset separated individually or by group, depending on job requirements.|
|Mobile Knife Fold Unit MKU-54||The MKU-54 is available as the second knife unit for a 2nd cross fold. The knife unit can pivot 180° function to allow fold-up or fold-down flexibility.|
|Mobile Knife Fold Unit MKU-54T||The MKU-54T is mobile knife unit equipped with the buckles below knife. It is capable of the letter fold after 8-page cross fold|
|Press Stacker with Pile High Delivery psx-56/56R||Stacked signatures or booklets are delivered to a comfortable height for easy packaging. Applications can be stacked 1-up, 2-up or 3-up for efficient production. Rigid, large diamter rolls apply 1.2 tons of pressure for crisp, tight and flat folds.|
|Standing Delivery Unit ED-40||Increased efficiency for sheet counting and packing. Clean stacked sheets for easy handling. Batch kicking function allows accurate counting and packaging.|