Horizon BQ-460 Perfect Binder
This equipment is discontinued. Check out a new model BQ-470.The Standard Horizon BQ-460 heavy-duty four-clamp semi-automated perfect binder combines superior quality with touch screen control. The BQ-460 features an interactive touch screen control for ease-of-operation and semi-automated set-up. A single operator can produce up to 1,350 perfect bound books per hour. Suitable for short, medium and long run-lengths, and on-demand binding applications, the BQ-460 can also be connected in-line with the HT-70 three-knife trimmer.
The BQ-460 perfect binder produces consistently high quality perfect bound books at maximum production speeds of 1,350 cycles per hour. All necessary setups can be performed through a touch-screen panel and easy-access setup mechanical controls.
The BQ-460 can be expanded to a complete perfect binding and trimming system by adding the SL-40 Cooling Conveyor and HT-70 Three-knife Trimmer.
- A rigid machine frame and heavy duty binding mechanism ensure consistent high quality binding.
- All machine controls are positioned at the front of the binder, making it easy for the operator to control and monitor all machine operations. One operator can easily manage the entire book production process.
- A newly developed side gluing device applies the correct amount of glue to the front and back of the book block.
- Book titles can be positioned on the spine with easy by simply turning the adjusting knob. This insures precise micro-positioning of book titles with minimal effort.
- The suction cover feeder handles a wide variety of cover stocks (105 to 300 gsm / 90 to 260 kg).
In-Line Binding System
The BQ-460 can be expanded to a complete perfect binding and trimming system by adding the SL-40 Cooling Conveyor and HT-70 Three-Knife Trimmer. Horizon's uniquely designed SL-40 minimizes the space required for an in-line system. The quality-engineered HT-70 delivers sharp, square three-side trimming for perfectly finished books.
|BQ-460SF/CF-460V Major Specifications|
|Bindig Mode||Binding with milling, Binding without milling|
|Number of Clamps||4|
|Book Block Size (Top-Bottom x Fore-Edge)||Max. 320 x 320 mm (12.59" x 12.59")|
|Min. 110 x 145 mm (4.34" x 5.71")|
|Binding Thickness||1 to 55 mm (0.04" to 2.16")|
|Cover Size (Top-Bottom x Fore-Edge)||Max. 320 x 650 mm (12.59" x 25.59")|
|Min. 145 x 260 (230) mm (5.71" x 10.24" (9.06"))|
|*230 mm (9.06") requires small size spring.|
|Cover Weight Range||Normal Paper 82 gsm (22 lbs.) or up|
|Coated Paper 105 to 302 gsm (27 to 78 lbs.)|
|Cover Pile Height||Max. 200 mm (7.87") (CF-460V)|
|Production Speed||Max. 1,350 cycles/hr.|
|Voltage / Frequency||3-Phase 200 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|3-Phase 220 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|3-Phase 400 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Rated Current||220 V, 50 Hz, 23.3 A / 60 Hz, 27.2 A|
|400 V, 50 Hz, 9.8 A / 60 Hz, 11.8 A|
|Power Consumption||200 V, 50 Hz, 4.0 kW / 60 Hz, 4.4 kW|
|220 V, 50 Hz, 4.1 kW / 60 Hz, 6.0 kW|
|400 V, 50 Hz, 5.6 kW / 60 Hz, 6.7 kW|
|Heat Output||9,650 kJ (2,310 kcal)|
|Motors||2.2 kW x 1 / 0.75 kW x 1 / 0.4 kW x 1 / 0.2 kW x 1|
|90 W x 1 / 40 W x 1 / 25 W x 1|
|Heater||2.4 kW x 1|
|Machine Dimensions||2,996(W) x 1,621(D) x 1,588(H) mm (118.0" x 63.9" x 62.6")|
|Machine Weight||1,500 kg (3,308 lbs.)|
- Safety Beam (Factory Option)
- Pre-Melt Tank (PM-08)
- Weekly Timer (T-450)