Horizon AFC-564A Paper Folder
High performance, space efficient automated cross-knife folding machine. The Standard Horizon AFC-564A computer-controlled folder combines superior feeding and registration with touch-screen control. An operator can select from 14 pre-set folds or set up to 200 custom folds, all with touch screen ease. With automated set-up, user-friendly graphical interface, and legendary Horizon construction and reliability, the AFC-564A is ideally suited to the most challenging production environments.
Horizon AFC-564A Paper Folder Features
- Advanced automation with user-friendliness and high-quality folding.
- Set-up a wide variety of fold patterns by simply touching the corresponding icon and inputting the sheet size on the large LCD color touchscreen.
14 Fold Patterns are Set on the AFC-564A. All Patterns Listed Below:
- Parallel Fold
- Short Fold
- Open Gate Fold
- Accordion Fold
- Zig-Zag (4 Panel) Fold
- Zig-Zag (5 Panel) Fold
- Letter Fold
- Double Parallel Fold
- 80Page Cross Fold
- 120Page Cross Fold
- Zig-Zag Cross Fold
- DL Fold (Letter)
- DL Fold (Accordion)
- 16 Page Transformation Fold
- Automated setups take just a few seconds. The LCD touchscreen prompts the operator through all remaining settings for fast, efficient production.
- Fold rollers are constructed with a combination of steel and soft polyurethane for superior grip and sharp, and consistent folding
- Horizon's advanced rotary suction feed system delivers fast, consistent feeding on a wide range of paper stocks.
- The optional extension table enables to load the sheets up to 1,100 mm / 43.3" long.
- Up to 200 job settings can be memorized for quick and easy recall of regular job.
- The optional pXnet bindery control system makes job scheduling and tracking for the AFC-56 series super efficient, or accept JDF setup data from an upstream workflow.
- Up to 40,000 Sheets Per Hour
- Sheet Sizes up to 21" x 33"
- 14 Pre-Set Fold Patterns
- 4 Fold Plates
- 10 Automated Setup Sections
Horizon AFC-564A Paper Folder Optional Accessories
|Round Pile Feeder Unit RFU-54||The RFU-54 can be attached or detached without removing the standard flat pile feed table, making it quick and easy to interrupt long runs for short-run jobs. An error feed tray is equipped for continuous feeding operation.|
|Gluing Unit CGU-50||The gluing unit can produce 8-page or 12-page glued booklets.|
|Front Perforation Unit||This unit Permits perforating before folding. An accurate blade drum provides for high-precision micro perforation. Optional skip perforation (FSP-56) is available.|
|Strip Trim Device AF-ST5||Strip trimming after the parallel fold section can be performed using slitters for multiple-up jobs. Stripped width can be adjusted (3mm to 10mm at 1mm intervals).|
|Strip & Edge Trim Device CGU-T56F||Cetner strip trim and edge trim are available under the cross knife. Segmented rollers allows flexible adjustment of the cutting positions. (CGU-T56 is available for AFC-566A/564A).|
|Gate Fold Buckle GFB-56||The gate fold buckle can be setup quickly, with no special skill for precise, accurate closed gate folding.|
|Blades||A wide variety of optional blades are available for various applications.|
|Press Stacker PST-40||The first rollers remove the air and the second rollers powerfully compress the signatures for reduced bulk and tighter folds. Signatures can be offset separated individually or by group, depending on job requirements.|
|Mobile Knife Fold Unit MKU-54||The MKU-54 is available as the second knife unit for a 2nd cross fold. The knife unit can pivot 180° function to allow fold-up or fold-down flexibility.|
|Mobile Knife Fold Unit MKU-54T||The MKU-54T is mobile knife unit equipped with the buckles below knife. It is capable of the letter fold after 8-page cross fold|
|Press Stacker with Pile High Delivery psx-56/56R||Stacked signatures or booklets are delivered to a comfortable height for easy packaging. Applications can be stacked 1-up, 2-up or 3-up for efficient production. Rigid, large diamter rolls apply 1.2 tons of pressure for crisp, tight and flat folds.|
|Standing Delivery Unit ED-40||Increased efficiency for sheet counting and packing. Clean stacked sheets for easy handling. Batch kicking function allows accurate counting and packaging.|