The BQ-480 Perfect Binder features the quickest set-up and changeover for variable book production in its class, especially for book-of-one. With interchangeable PUR and EVA glue tanks, the binder also offers advanced automation through a movable, color touchscreen including adjustments for roller height, nipping height, and amount of side glue. Specially designed to meet the requirements of PUR book binding, the BQ-480 includes a gentle elevator delivery system with a mere 5mm drop, and also accommodates the lowest temperature setting for PUR glue.
1. Higher Level of Automation – In addition to dimension based automation, the BQ-480 features customized automated setup accounting for paper type, signature vs. loose sheet, sewn book blocks, notch binding, and other key factors for higher quality with less effort.
2. Book of One Production – Maximum production speed of 800 books per hour for book of one production. (Production speed changes depending on thickness change from book to book.)
3. Gentle Book Delivery System – Uniquely designed book delivery mechanism delivers the book gently for high quality books, even with 65 mm (2.56”) thickness books or PUR bound books.
4. Selection of Glue Types – The BQ-480 supports both EVA hotmelt glue and PUR hotmelt glue. Two different tanks are available for each glue type.
- Wide Color Touch Panel
- Fully Automated Changeover
- Weekly Timer
- Increased Job Memory Capacity
- Book Feeding Section
- Milling Section
- Glue Tank Section
- Nipping Section
- Cover Registration Section
- Scoring Section
- Cover Feeding Section
- Delivery Conveyor Section
- Book Delivery Section
- Additional Options Available
|Book Size Maximum||320 x 320 mm (12.59″ x 12.59″)|
|Book Size Minimum||145 x 105 mm (5.71″ x 4.14″)|
|Book Thickness||1 to 65 mm (0.04″ to 2.56″)|
|Cover Size Maximum||320 x 670 mm (12.59″ x 26.37″)|
|Cover Size Minimum||135 x 225 mm (5.31″ x 8.85″)|
|Cover Weight Range||Normal: 81.4 to 302.4 gsm | Coated: 104.7 to 348.9 gsm|
|Production Speed||EVA: Max 1,350 cycles/hr | PUR: Max 1,000 cycles/hr|