Perfect binding has made great strides in recent years. Traditionally, short-run book trimming duties have been carried out by traditional guillotines but the process is time-consuming and wrought with possibilities of book damage due to operator error. Drawing on our 129 years of cutting expertise, Challenge has designed the ultimate book trimming solution necessary for today's competitive marketplace – the CMT 130.
The sturdy steel and cast-iron design of the CMT 130TC ensures years of trouble-free operation. Hydraulic clamping and cutting action provides strength to cut up to 2" (50.8mm) thick books without hesitation. Standard features such as UHMW gib surfaces, composite bushings, and stepper motor technology require virtually zero maintenance.
The industry-exclusive modularity of the CMT 130TC provides added possibilities for future growth within your organization. The system can be configured as a hand-feed off-line trimmer for entry level cost-effective book finishing. The high-capacity feeder permits up to 35.5" / 90 cm of books to be stacked and automatically fed into the trimmer. The vertical stacker allows up to 24" / 61 cm of books to be delivered. When these two items are combined, this near-line trimming solution permits the perfect binder operator to also feed and collect product from the CMT 130TC solution. The CMT 130TC can also be configured for in-line trimming by adding an infeed conveyor and cooling tower to the system - giving the trimmer the ability to receive books directly from the perfect binder OR from the book pile feeder. The CMT 130TC system is ultimately flexible to meet your book trimming needs!
The intuitive 10.5" color touch screen controller provides a clear clean image of the trimming system. Automatic starting book size detection simplifies the required job parameters making job entry quick and easy. Swift size changes occur in approximately 10 seconds with no tools required! Standard barcode reading capability maximizes the efficiency of the process enabling the change-over between book jobs to be fully automated. No other book trimming system in the market can match the capabilities of the CMT 130TC system!
- Trim up to 2” / 50.8 mm thick perfect-bound books
- 10.5” Color Touch screen controller with graphical display of the system with live book location
- Fully-automated size change in under 10 seconds with no tools required
- Modular design – can be configured off-line, near-line, or in-line at any time Integrated bar code reader automates size changes between jobs
- Process up to 200 books per hour – single book mode
- Process up to 500 books per hour – optional multiple-book mode
- Covered under United States Patent Numbers: 5,694,823 and 6,799,497
- Manufactured in Michigan - USA