Horizon BQ-270V Perfect Binder EVA
The Horizon BQ-270V Perfect Binder single-clamp binder offers high-quality production perfect binding with fully automated operation, push-button simplicity, and on-demand production of variable thickness books. The binder includes an automated, sensor-activated digital caliper system which consistently measures book block thickness and automatically transfers this data to the binder for quick, automated set-up with no cycle lag time for books of different thicknesses.
Designed to meet the needs of the short-run, print-on-demand book market, the BQ-270V also features single-person production of up to 500 books per hour, automatic air-suction cover feeding with in-line scoring, a large 10.4" intelligent color touch-screen, job programming, and a compact configuration.
Horizon BQ-270V Perfect Binder Features
All setups can be done instantly by simply inputting book block and cover information into the 10.4" color touchscreen. A changeover from A4 to A5 size book can be completed in 10 seconds.
High Speed Binding
Produce books up to 50 mm (2.0") thick at a maximum speed of 500 cycles* per hour.
Strong, rigid nipping and cover scoring stations are comparable to larger industrial book binders, for strong, accurate binding.
Variable Binding Compatibility
Book thickness caliper is provided as standard equipment. As one book is cycling, a subsequent book of different thickness can be measured, the data will be transferred, and the binder will begin the changeover. This allows true on demand production, where every book can be a different thickness. The BQ-270V provides greater production efficiency for variable binding with 30% less cycle time* than conventional models.
Horizon BQ-270V Perfect Binder Features Include:
- Accurate Binding
- Quick Setup
- High-Speed Binding
- Variable Binding Compatibility
- Color Touchscreen
- Book Thickness Caliper
- Carriage Clamp
- Delivery Section
- Suction Cover Feeder
- Cover Feed Table
- Cover Scoring
- Cover Registration
- Milling Section
- Glue Tank
- Nipping Section
Horizon BQ-270V Perfect Binder Specifications
- Binding Mode: Binding with milling, Binding without milling and Padding
- Number of Carriage Clamp: 1
- Book Block Size Max: 320 x 320 mm (12.59" x 12.59")
- Book Block Size Min: 135 x 105 mm (5.32" x 4.14")
- Book Thickness: 1 to 50 mm (.04" x 2")
- Cover Size Max: 320 x 660 mm (12.59" x 25.98"), Up to 120 mm 0r 4.74" forwards from the clamp fee, Up to 110 mm or 4.34" backwards from the clamp face
- Glue Temperature: 120 to 180 degrees Celsius (248 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Additional information is available