On Demand Trimming
The HT-30C Three-side Trimmer features automated job set-ups and quick changeovers to meet the requirements of the short run print-on-demand book market. The HT-30C operates off-line to trim perfect bound books at speeds up to 200 cycles per hour. A color touch screen allows all set-ups to be performed with full automation. Precision stepper motors accurately position all guides and clamps to insure professional quality cutting. Up to 12 inches of books can be loaded into the in-feed hopper, where books are automatically fed for unattended operation. The HT-30C features automated job set-ups and quick changeovers, with the ability to store up to 40 different book jobs in memory.
- Innovative Three-Side Trimmer - Three-side trimmer trims three sides of a book with a single knife. a pressure clamp holds and rotates the books for sequential top, fore-edge, and bottom trimming.
- Robotic Trimming - The operator simply inputs untrimmed and trimmed book size at the touch-screen. The HT-30 then performs all necessary setups automatically, and transports and trims each book.
- Highly Accurate Finishing - Precise servo motors are employed for knife positioning to insure high quality trimming. The servo controlled hydraulic unit adjusts pressure automatically for markless trimming.
- Nonstop Trimming - If the book dimensions are the same, the HT-30 can trim books of different thickness continuously. Maximum trim thickness is 51 mm (2.0").
- Powerful Trimming - Knife operation and book clamping are hydraulic controlled for safe and powerful trimming.
- Safety Operation - The trimming section, feed table, and stacker are all interlocked and safety covered for maximum operator safety.
- Easy Maintenance - Single knife trimming system reduces knife replacement time to 1/3 of normal three-knife trimmer. The HT-30 is equipped with a tungsten-carbide tipped trim knife for longer life.
- Book Feeding
- Book Transporation
- Rear Sliding Door for Easy Access
- User-Friendly Operation
- Accurate Trimming
- High Capacity Stacker
|Untrimmed Book Size||Max. 320 x 235 mm (12.59" x 9.25")|
|Min. 200 x 134 mm (7.88" x 5.28")|
|Trimmed Book Size||Max. 305 x 230 mm (12.00" x 9.05")|
|Min. 200 x 134 mm (7.88" x 5.28")
(148 x 134 mm / 5.83" x 5.28" at minimum by using the optional cutting module)
|Portrait book size is A4 / B5 / A5 / 8.5" x 11" / 7" x 8.5"
(by using the optional cutting module for each portrait size)
|Trimming Width||Max. 99.9 mm (3.93")|
|Min. 2 mm (0.08")|
|Trim Thickness||Max. 51 mm (2.0")|
|Book Pile Height||Max. 300 mm (11.8")|
|Clamp and Pressure||Hydraulically Operated|
|Automatic Settings : 4 kN / 5.5 kN / 8 kN, 3 Steps Selectable|
|Manual Settings : 1.5 kN / 3 kN / 5 kN / 6.5 kN / 8 kN, 5 Steps Selectable|
|Production Speed||Max. 400 books/hr. (Book Thickness 25 mm, 2 piled books)|
|Max. 500 books/hr. (Book Thickness 10 mm, 5 piled books)|
|Voltage Frequency||3-Phase 200 / 220 / 400 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Rated Current||3-Phase 200 V||50 Hz||4.3 A (Max. 9.6 A)|
|60 Hz||3.8 A (Max. 9.8 A)|
|3-Phase 220 V||50 Hz||3.9 A (Max. 8.7 A)|
|60 Hz||3.5 A (Max. 8.8 A)|
|3-Phase 400 V||50 Hz||2.2 A (Max. 4.8 A)|
|60 Hz||1.9 A (Max. 4.9 A)|
|Power Consumption||3-Phase 200 V||50/60 Hz||1.25 / 1.20 kW|
|3-Phase 220 V||50/60 Hz||1.25 / 1.20 kW|
|3-Phase 400 V||50/60 Hz||1.25 / 1.20 kW|
|Heat Output||3,950 kJ (950 kcal)|
|Motors||2.2 kW x 1 / 0.41 kW x 1 / 0.40 kW x 1 / 0.325 kW x 1 / 40 W x 2 / 15 W x 1|
|Machine Dimensions||2,350(W) x 1,160(D) x 1,370(H) mm (92.6" x 45.7" x 54.0")|
|Temperature and Humidity||Temperature : +10 C to +30 C, Humidity : 30 % to 80 %RH|
|Noise Level||70 dB|
|*The machine design and specifications are subject to change without any notice.|