Compact 9-Clamp Perfect Binder
The Standard Horizon SB-09S Perfect Binder is designed for the short-to-medium run-length POD and commercial print book markets. The nine-clamp SB-09 features automated operation, push-button simplicity, and high-quality production perfect binding. The SB-09S can be run as a stand-alone binder or as a complete binding system with in-line gathering and three-knife trimming. The SB-09S nine-clamp binder is designed for single-person production of up to 4,000 books per hour, with complete changeover and set-up performed in less than 3 minutes. Standard features include a 10.4" intelligent touch-screen control console, automatic air-suction cover feeding with the ability to load covers on-the-fly, automated in-line cover scoring, and job programming.
- Clamp Adjusting Lever - A single lever can be used to adjust all clamps at one time for spine thickness changes up to 1 cm (0.39").
- Operator Console - The 10.4 inch large color LCD screen provides simple and easy operation. Book size input, function, setups, and micro-adjustments for each section are available through this icon based screen.
- Deliver Section - Descending books drop onto a conveyor, which delivers them to a spring-loaded catch tray.
- In-Feed Section - A revolutionary seesaw style feed plate is employed for space efficiency.
- Opening Adjusting Knob - An adjusting knob easily opens the clamp to the proper book block thickness.
- Hand Feed Section - Comfortable working space and safety guards are provided at the hand feed station.
- Milling - Milling height, rotation speed, and notching pitch can be adjusted through the control panel. Clamp speed is adjusted automatically. Changeover between binding with milling and binding without milling is easily accomplished.
- Cover and Book Registration - A built-in matching mechanism guarantees precise alignment of the cover to the book during high-speed operation.
- Cover Feeder - All guides are setup automatically. A warning buzzer alerts the operator when covers are running low. Covers can be loaded on-the-fly.
- Scoring Section - The cover scoring wheel setup is automatically from the input book size data.
- Gluing - Dual application rollers ensure the hot melt glue penetrates deep into the book for stronger binds. Side gluing setup can be performed through the control panel.
- Clamp Adjusting Lever
- Delivery Section
- In-Feed Section
- Opening Adjusting Knob
- Hand Feed Section
- Operator Console
|Number of Clamps||9|
|Max.||330 mm (12.99")||250 mm (9.84")||In-Line|
|Min.||148 mm (5.83")||105 mm (4.14")||In-Line|
|Type||A6 to A4||When MG-60H is connected|
|Max.||330 mm (12.99")||320 mm (12.59")||Off-Line|
|Min.||135 mm (5.32")||185 mm (7.29")|
|Type||B6 to A4||When MG-60H is connected|
|Book Thickness||1 to 45 mm (0.04" to 1.77")|
|Cover Size (Top-Bottom x Fore-Edge)||Max. 400 x 660 mm (15.74" x 25.98")|
|Min. 135 x 220 mm (5.32" x 8.67")|
|Cover Weight Range||82 to 302 gsm Normal Paper, 105 to 348 gsm Coated Paper|
|Cover Pile Height||Max. 130 mm (5.1")|
|Warm Up Time||70 min.|
|Tank Temperature||160 to 200 C|
|Milling Blade Maximum Depth||4 mm (0.15") (Depends on the sheet weight)|
|Production Speed||Max. 4,000 Books/Hr.|
|Voltage / Frequency||3-Phase 200-230 V, 50 / 60 Hz|
|3-Phase 380-415 V, 50 Hz|
|Rated Current||3-Phase 200 V, 50 Hz, 23 A / 60 Hz, 25 A|
|3-Phase 220 V, 60 Hz, 23 A||3-Phase 400 V, 50 Hz, 12 A|
|Power Consumption||3-Phase 200 V, 50 Hz, 7.6 kW / 60 Hz, 8.5 kW|
|3-Phase 220 V, 60 Hz, 8.5 kW||3-Phase 400 V, 50 Hz, 7.6 kW|
|Heat Output||18,310 kJ (4,380 kcal)|
|Motors||3.7 kW x 1 / 2.2 kW x 2 / 1.5 kW x 2 / 40 W x 1 / 25 W x 1|
|Heaters||3.0 kW x 1 / 0.75 kW x 1 / 80 W x 1 / 45 W x 1|
|Machine Dimensions||Stand Alone (with U-09, AC-08) :|
|4,520(W) x 2,425(D) x 1,660(H) mm (178.0" x 95.5" x 65.4")|
|System (with S-09) :|
|4,900(W) x 1,570(D) x 1,660(H) mm (193.0" x 61.9" x 65.4")|
|Machine Weight||Stand Alone (with U-09) : 2,780 kg (6,130 lbs.) (without Delivery)|
|System (with S-09) : 2,860 kg (6,306 lbs.) (without Delivery)|