Tornado Autopunch EX
Offset book stacks ready for binding. Book stacks exit collated and ready for binding, enabling operators to start the binding process while the punching job is still running, saving time and labor.
The Rhin-O-Tuff® Tornado Autopunch EX is an industry breakthrough system that uses BDT Print Media’s advanced media handling technology to automatically feed, collate, punch and deliver offset book stacks ready for binding in a single platform.
The system will save binding service providers up to 40% in process efficiency, dramatically reducing overall costs. Handling the widest range of media in the industry, the system delivers unparalleled flexibility and enables concurrent binding operations. Perfect for on-demand, short runs the system includes easy programmable job set-up, monitoring and changeovers.
Turn productivity into profitability. The NEW Rhin-O-Tuff Tornado Autopunch EX allows you to punch up your productivity and profits by reducing labor-intensive finishing steps from 5 to 1!
Eliminate 4 Manual Steps:
- No manual paper lift punching
- No manual separation of book stacks after punching - no color slip-sheets by book/section required when printing
- No manual punching of covers, index tabs or inserts
- No manual collation of covers, index tabs and inserts
- World's first automated collating punch using patented BDT Tornado Technology: A single off-line automated collation and punching platform to meet the needs of your on-demand print environment with a quick return on investment
- Advanced media handling technology: Powered by BDT’s patented Tornado Technology to separate, lift and transport the widest range of media, including printed media and other book components like covers, tabs and inserts reliably minimizing downtime.
- Widest media range int he industry: The system handles media from 60gsm – 312gsm, including light porous/heavy coated print media and specialty binding media like plastics, vinyl, and textures.
- Automated interposing of covers/index tabs/inserts: Two Interposer Bins hold up to .75” (19mm) of media, auto-collating front/back covers, inserts and index tabs into the book stack prior to punching. No manual collation required.
- Accommodates mixed media run on digital/offset printers: High-Capacity Main Bin holds up to 2500 sheets, including mixed media*.
- "Patent-pending" paper accumulation technology: Designed to accumulate covers, tabs and document sheets and auto-adjust the punch lifts depending on the type of media being run for maximum punching performance.
- Heavy-duty auto-punch technology: Proven Rhin-O-Tuff technology punches up to 10,800 sheets per hour, improving throughput.
- Offset book stacks ready for binding: Book stacks exit collated and ready for binding, enabling operator’s to start the binding process while the punching job is still running, saving time and labor.
- Automated collating punch
- Advanced media handling technology to separate, lift and transport the widest range of media
- Handles media from 60 gsm - 312 gsm, including light porous/heavy coated print media and specialty binding media like plastics, vinyl, and textures
- Automated interposing ov covers/index tabs/inserts
- Accommodates mixed media run on digital/offset printers
- High capacity bin holds 2,500 sheets, including mixed media
- "Patent-pending" paper accumulation technology
- Heavy-duty auto-punch technology
60 gsm - 312 gsm including: Uncoated Bond Paper, Text/Offset, Coated Paper, Paper, Plastic (Acetate/PVC) and Vinyl Covers/Tabs
|Interposer Bin Capacity||Up to 59" (15 mm) of covers/index tabs/insert sheets|
|Main Bin Capacity||Up to 2,500 sheets of 20 lb bond (75 gsm)|
|Punching Speed||Up to 10,800 sheets per hour|
|Interchagneable Die Sets||Letter (US) and A4 (INTL) formats in 9 Binding Styles|
|Offset Stacker||Up to 2,700 sheets of 20 lb bond (75 gsm)|
|Weight/Dimensions/Voltage||Aprrox. 700 lbs / 29.5" W x 50.3" D x 57.7" H / 115 Volt 60 Hz|
|Warranty & Safety||1-Year / UL-CSA Approval|